Capital Growth Program
The AIS Capital Growth strategy employs a long-term, discretionary, fundamental global macro investment process to build a portfolio of primarily U.S. equities. The portfolio management team screens approximately 2,500 U.S. companies for a fully invested portfolio of 30 to 60 names. The portfolio management team selects sectors and individual stocks qualitatively and quantitatively on the expectation of outperforming the S&P 500 Index over a 12- to 18-month horizon. The strategy may then hedge its long equity exposures through short positions in S&P 500 Index futures. Given the portfolio management team’s global macro views, the portfolio’s sector allocations may deviate widely from those in the S&P 500 Index, meaning that the portfolio management team seeks to generate alpha through its sector weightings and security selection efforts.
- Tactical sector allocations. The Capital Growth Program makes tactical allocations to stock sectors based on its global macro views, which may provide a source of value-added beyond its security selection efforts.
- Flexible exposure to the stock market. The Capital Growth Program may also modify its exposure to the U.S. equity market through short positions in S&P 500 Index futures, which may protect capital in the event of a market decline.
- Successful investing requires independent thinking, with an emphasis on factors that are unique and different, in order to develop appropriate investment strategies.
- Investors must modify their asset allocations significantly over time; accordingly, asset allocations need to change significantly over time, as market conditions do.
- Profitable trading requires anticipating long-term trends and reversals.
PAST PERFORMANCE IS NOT NECESSARILY INDICATIVE OF FUTURE RESULTS. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY INVESTOR WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE SIMILAR RESULTS. FUTURES TRADING IS SPECULATIVE, INVOLVES SUBSTANTIAL RISK, AND IS NOT SUITABLE FOR ALL INVESTORS. THE RISK OF LOSS IN TRADING COMMODITY INTERESTS CAN BE SUBSTANTIAL. YOU SHOULD THEREFORE CAREFULLY CONSIDER WHETHER SUCH TRADING IS SUITABLE FOR YOU IN LIGHT OF YOUR FINANCIAL CONDITION.
THE INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THIS WEB SITE IS NOT A SOLICITATION FOR INVESTMENT. SUCH INVESTMENT IS ONLY OFFERED ON THE BASIS OF INFORMATION AND REPRESENTATIONS MADE IN THE APPROPRIATE OFFERING DOCUMENTATION.