Multi-Asset Allocation Portfolio (“MAAP”) Program
AIS’s Multi-Asset Allocation Portfolio (“MAAP”) Program seeks to provide growth of capital through investment in both commodity and financial futures contracts. The AIS MAAP Program seeks to identify and capitalize on longer-term price movements in the futures markets traded and differs from its peers because 1) the strategy has a heavier emphasis on commodities than most other managed futures programs, and 2) the strategy’s investment process is “discretionary global macro” rather than purely computerized or algorithmic. The portfolio takes long, short, or neutral positions in highly liquid futures markets across six sectors. Over its 22-year track record, the AIS MAAP Program has delivered low realized correlations to other macro and CTA programs, owing to its higher-than-typical allocation to commodities and its differentiated investment process.
- Discretionary and fundamental. The portfolio management team leverages its decades of experience and in-depth, fundamental research to identify long-term drivers of the global economy and global macro markets. The team also employs proprietary systems to track asset price behavior.
- Low realized correlations. Owing to its higher weight to commodity assets and differentiated investment process, the Program has exhibited low realized correlations to equities, bonds, and peer macro and CTA managers and indices.
- Liquid and transparent. The Program achieves its portfolio exposures via highly liquid futures across global commodity, currency, equity, and fixed-income markets and offers transparency into its risk exposures.
- Successful investing requires independent thinking, with an emphasis on factors that are unique and different, in order to develop appropriate investment strategies.
- Investors must modify their asset allocations significantly over time; accordingly, asset allocations need to change significantly over time, as market conditions do.
- Profitable trading requires anticipating long-term trends and reversals.
PAST PERFORMANCE IS NOT NECESSARILY INDICATIVE OF FUTURE RESULTS. NO REPRESENTATION IS BEING MADE THAT ANY INVESTOR WILL OR IS LIKELY TO ACHIEVE SIMILAR RESULTS. FUTURES TRADING IS SPECULATIVE, INVOLVES SUBSTANTIAL RISK, AND IS NOT SUITABLE FOR ALL INVESTORS. THE RISK OF LOSS IN TRADING COMMODITY INTERESTS CAN BE SUBSTANTIAL. YOU SHOULD THEREFORE CAREFULLY CONSIDER WHETHER SUCH TRADING IS SUITABLE FOR YOU IN LIGHT OF YOUR FINANCIAL CONDITION.
THE INFORMATION PRESENTED ON THIS WEB SITE IS NOT A SOLICITATION FOR INVESTMENT. SUCH INVESTMENT IS ONLY OFFERED ON THE BASIS OF INFORMATION AND REPRESENTATIONS MADE IN THE APPROPRIATE OFFERING DOCUMENTATION.